Tuesday, June 19, 2007

my poor sick doggie


brought kitty to the vet today. she hasn't eaten in two days, spends the whole night crying and keeping me awake, and has been particularly irritable. when she bit my face last night after she snuggled into my pillow, i knew something was up.

turns out she has some serious liver problems, probably connected to some blood parasite. the vet who analyzed her blood at the UP vetmed lab said that the infection may have started some time ago from an old tick infestation.

so for the next two weeks, kitty is on a special l/d diet and has to take doxyvet antibiotics and a liver tonic. she's a really picky eater. if she doesn't take to the special diet, we'll have to confine her at the vet hospital. she's eaten a bit, and didn't spit out too much of her medicine.

really really hope she gets better. and i hope she lets me sleep tonight. i'm exhausted from all this worrying.

No comments: