Sunday, June 24, 2007

a year ago

exactly one year ago, i made a call that changed my life. i was sprawled on the carpet of my tiny dorm room in seoul, struck down by homesickness, despair, and other unpleasant things. in short, i was crying like heck. calling my mom didn't help. neither did calling my sister. so i called the polymath, who was the actual source of my misery. snippet of half-remembered conversation:

him: o, what's wrong?
me: (waaaaah!) ... (waaaaah!)
him: take your time...
me: i feel awful. i'm just sooooo tired.
him: ...
me: i'm tired of all these guys around me. they won't leave me alone eh.
him: ...
me: they just won't stay away. i don't want them. i want you.
him: ...
me: do you understand what i'm saying? i want you. nobody else.
him: (makes hushing sounds) don't cry. tahan na.
me: but what's it gonna be like when i get back? i'm just so, so tired...
him: it'll be fine. we'll be fine.

on hindsight, i'm slightly suspicious about what i remember. i could be making up all that. it's like something from a movie. a really bad movie. heh.

No comments: