Saturday, June 02, 2007

bardy gifts

was at galleria this evening to get my pasalubong from my buddy, partybread. he gave me some Bard-related goodies bought at shakespeare's globe theater, where he watched othello at groundling level for 5 quid. he said he was spitting distance from the stage, and may have gotten spattered by the actors at some point.

anyway, he got me a replica of a copper groundling penny--sort of like an olde tyme theater ticket or token--excavated from the foundations of the original wood-and-thatch globe building. it features the bard's face and signature, and the inscriptions: "admit to my plaie" and "one penny in the yard". on the other side is the theater and "shakespeare's globe 1599-1642".

the other nifty gifty is a yellow pen with scented ink and a hamlet quote: "it smells to heaven." and it does. heh.

No comments: