Monday, January 01, 2007

mea culpa and all that

to those who patiently check here every so often for updates (yes, both of you), i am really really sorry for being a lazy-ass blogger the past three months. below are my reasons:

1) we had to dismantle the desktop computer again and i didn't know how to hook up my laptop to the dsl here at home. and am too cheap these days to buy a wifi card. actually, i just don't like paying for internet, heh heh. but finally, the desktop in my brother's room is back online and so am i.

2) been sleeping at our grandparents' place since the end of october and my time here at our house is limited to barking orders at the guys fixing up the house and my scuttling to the mall next door to buy hardware.

3) i have lots to write here and pictures to post but i haven't had the time to scale down the photos to web-friendly resolutions. also, i spent the first half of december writing a nonfiction piece for the UP workshop. meaning, i was actually productive!!! hahaha! no time to blog!

but to give some of you something to read, lemme post some of the stuff i wrote in the past year or so...one of these days. my flashdrive is in my bag somewhere but i'm kinda too lazy to get up and get it right now. more patience, please, my darlings. muchas gracias.

(this is the point where most people would write their yearend summary lists of music and videos and films and books. uhm... i'm kinda not in the mood for all that right now.)

i will, instead, end with a short list of 5 people i am extremely grateful to have spent time with in 2006, off the top of my head, in no particular order:

1) the polymath (yeeha)
2) germaine
3) eung hwa
4) tenzin
5) tita maryan

if you didn't make that list, don't worry. the list is actually much longer, and i look forward to making up for it spending more time with you (yes, you!) in 2007.

1 comment:

tentsetan said...

Gosh Sandra, I wasn't at all expecting to see my name on this list. It's almost like winning a Miss World contest. I am in tears now - funny how I just read your latest post. Anyways Happy New Year. You mean the same to me...

"Sadness isn't sadness, it's happiness in a black jacket... tears are not tears, they're balls of laughter dipped in salt."

Whoever said that...