Wednesday, August 30, 2006

these days

these days, i wake up in the morning and it's cold, and i hate that i have to wake up and cross the street to learn korean language when at this point (with just a month left before i go home) learning said language is not at all useful to me, and so usually i just go right back to sleep, only to wake up half an hour later because i set two alarms on my flip-phone and one on my pda, and i curse a little loudly not caring that the sweet japanese woman living on the other side of my wall might hear, and i try to go back to sleep, only to sit bolt upright a quarter to nine--with barely time to brush-rinse the morning breath out of my mouth--but still i do my thing and stagger into class between nine-oh-five and nine-fifteen when the thing that i wish most in the world is to simply be lie under the covers and sleep some more, dreaming that i am home with those who love me--but these days, these days, i am feeling a little unloved, and even the people in class tell me it's starting to show

No comments: